Lolita Fashion - Dolls - Historic Homes - Art - Sewing - Creative Writing - Film - Literature - All things cute!

Wednesday 16 December 2015

Haul Post: Innocent World and Closet Child

This afternoon I finally received my parcel from Japan! I've been so excited ever since ordering, and when I heard the doorbell ring just today I literally squealed and ran downstairs to answer and sign for it! 
I'm happy to say that its contents did not disappoint me, as everything is perfect and everything fits well. The only thing that disappointed me was the customs fee I gained, which totaled at eighty pounds - almost as much as the items themselves - it was completely unexpected, as I was under the misapprehension that the shopping service I used (From Japan) would do its best to lessen the blow at customs by marking it down. Never mind though; we live and learn, and I'm completely in love with my items!


 I ordered Innocent World's "Cherub Angel Candlestick Bow Ribbon" JSK in navy as an early Christmas present to myself, as I cracked under how gorgeous it was and figured that seeing as the past few weeks have been tough, I might as well treat myself in an attempt to cheer myself up. I love it! It looks like a sister dress to my Three Archangels OP, as both feature angels as a part of their prints. This print also has candlesticks and stars on it, and for some reason that I can't fathom, it reminds me of A Christmas Carol (my favourite book), perhaps because of the Victorian styled candlesticks and religious imagery. It would make the perfect Christmas coordinate, though I'll wear it all year of course!
 

As well as that, I saw my dream print since my early days of Lolita on Closet Child - Star Chiffon skirt from Alice and the Pirates - and just had to have it, as I knew it would fit and it was going for a really cheap price (24 pounds!). Needless to say, the shipping and customs made it much more expensive than that, but I don't mind because it's so cute.
I hope the injection of navy blue in my wardrobe will make good on my promise for the New Year's Lolita goals! 



Here's a coordinate that I quickly put together for my meetup this Saturday, using my new dress.



Blouse: Baby the Stars Shine Bright
JSK: Innocent World
Everything else: Offbrand

6 comments:

  1. Oh God, you look so lovely! Like a porcelain doll, a beautiful Jumeau or Huret! Navy really becomes you.
    Those customs are evil, though *frowns hard* We too used From Japan once, thinking the same - a good experience, good shopping service, but still, like you, we paid on customs about as much as the item had cost.
    So glad you got your dream print!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, such compliments! <3 *blushes* Thank you so much!

      Indeed, they are mean. I'm not sure if it's just this country, or Europe in general that gets hit so hard by customs from Japan, but it does cost an awful lot unexpectedly. Thankfully my Dad paid for half of the fee, as he must have felt sorry for me. XD I'm very grateful.

      Delete
    2. Aww, that was so sweet of him! I think it might be in many EU countries actually, though I'm not sure. Here, the rule is, when importing from outside the EU, everything up to 22 Euro is fine; anything above that gets hit by customs mercilessly.
      Btw, my sis looked over my shoulder and says you look adorable in this colour<3 She says the dress is wonderful.
      I'm about halfway through with my reply to your message, sorry it takes me so long *blushes*

      Delete
    3. I was really happy that he did that. :) He's a great dad!
      Thanks for the info; I think things are similar here, as more expensive things get higher customs fees from what I've seen.

      Thank you to your sister (I'm not sure what her name is, but thanks anyway!)
      Don't stress too much about the message, I write a lot! I'd like to say it's because I love writing, but it's mainly because I'm nosy when it comes to other people, haha. :)

      Delete
  2. Sweetly lovely outfit. That is such a delightful, elegant pattern. We see far too few candelabras in the fashion world.

    Big hugs,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jessica for your lovely comments! I agree, there are very few antique-esque prints in fashion, especially where candelabras are concerned. :)

      Hugs,
      Ellie

      Delete