Lolita Fashion - Dolls - Historic Homes - Art - Sewing - Creative Writing - Film - Literature - All things cute!

Monday 19 October 2015

Inspiration: 1970s-80s Laura Ashley

Usually I'm not a big fan of 1980s fashion, until I saw these gorgeous, fairy-tale like scans on Pinterest. They remind me of the origins of Lolita fashion, such as Victorian and Edwardian styles, as well as Sybil Fawlty from Fawlty Towers for some reason (she's another frilly lady from the 70s and 80s).








If only Laura Ashely still did clothes like that... I think I'd buy the whole store! Still, they have lovely, Lolita-esque wallpapers and furniture. I've got a Rococo-themed mirror that I have on my vanity from there, and Georgian toile wallpaper.

4 comments:

  1. Mmmm, may I say these are absolutely gorgeous? I want them all!XD That mirror sounds pretty intriguing, what colour is it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a feeling you'd like this post! I want all the dresses too! Unfortunately, I get the feeling that they are very expensive to buy vintage, so we'll have to settle for sewing. Perhaps there are some patterns from the 70s and 80s that can be found?

      My mirror's white to go with the furniture in my room. I've got a theme of pink and white going on in there, though most of my things come from IKEA. I really love antique furnishings though.

      Delete
  2. So wonderful! I love the original old items of Laura Ashley. I remember how dream like it was in her stores in the early 80's. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, so sorry for the late reply! I haven't really been blogging much at all. :) I don't really keep up with the fashions of present-day Laura Ashley, but I know I adore her older items. It really must have been wonderful to see the stores in the 80's!

      Delete