Lolita Fashion - Dolls - Historic Homes - Art - Sewing - Creative Writing - Film - Literature - All things cute!

Monday 7 September 2015

Current Life

These past few weeks have been great! I've had a wonderful family holiday in France, straight after getting some really good exam results, so I'm feeling very lucky right now. If I had a guardian angel I'd probably be thanking him or her for all the goodness in my life!

Recently I've started a new college, and whilst I can't say I love it (as Aspergians like myself find change challenging), I think it's doing me a lot of good.
Also, I've recovered completely from what my counselor called "psychotic depression", all thanks to some new anti-psychotics and her counseling. This illness had been draining my life away for more than three years, so I'm thrilled that I've finally overcome it - when things were bad it seemed that things would stay that way forever.

Another lovely thing that has happened recently is that my grandparents have gifted me with a wonderfully beautiful pair of pearl and silver earrings, from Pandora as a present for the great exam results. I feel bad for blowing my own trumpet a bit here, but I'm still excited enough to celebrate in my own way!


You can also see the necklace I'm making here.

Currently I'm reading the novels "Miss Pettigrew Lives For a Day" and "Tess of the d'Ubervilles". The latter is for school and I'm rather enjoying it, but the former is a bit dull in spots - very, very light reading, and perhaps not my cup of tea, though I do love the descriptions of makeup and clothes of the era.
As for projects, I'm very busy at college currently, but I'm in the middle of my purple beetle cross-stitch kit, and I'm also customizing a black velvet skirt to look like it came from the earlier Lolita days - basically black and white, old school Lolita! Sometime soon I've also got to make my taxidermy beetle necklace, but the idea of steaming it into flexibility makes me feel a bit uneasy. So that project is on the back-burner.


No comments:

Post a Comment