Lolita Fashion - Dolls - Historic Homes - Art - Sewing - Creative Writing - Film - Literature - All things cute!

Wednesday 29 July 2015

Inspiration: Art Deco and the 1920s

I'm really feeling the love for the glitz and glamour of the 1920s at the moment! I never thought it would be a trend with me, being quite stark and modern, but with the mammoth amounts of great literature and filmography, I'm finding that the 1920s trends are just my cup of tea! 

Think programmes like Jeeves & Wooster, Agatha Christie murder-mysteries, stills from artistic movies, and even the interior decoration. The album "Ballroom Stories" by Waldeck contributes towards the sultry intrigue and mysterious tales we all expect to come from the upper classes of the 1920s in all good stories, whereas the "Art Deco Cafe" album from the London Salon Ensemble creates a relaxing, harmonic, yet jubilant, atmosphere that is completely different, but still incredibly thematic. Another insight from the time is the wacky and fun Vaughn de Leath - I especially love her songs "Blue Skies", "Lookin' at the world thru rose coloured glasses", and "Banana Oil"! 

Now for some inspirational pictures from across the net. It all makes me want to make a 1920s-esque dress! I'm hoping to do some Art Deco art soon. 














No comments:

Post a Comment