Lolita Fashion - Dolls - Historic Homes - Art - Sewing - Creative Writing - Film - Literature - All things cute!

Sunday 31 August 2014

Count Orlok's Nightmare Gallery

I'm pretty sure that this has to be the highlight of my trip to Massachusetts! Located in Salem, it is the whole reason we went! This post will be using photos from the gallery's website, as photography was prohibited inside.

 
Count Orlok's was so creepy and gothic with organ music playing, displaying life-sized models and face casts of famous movie monsters and film producers/actors! It was so atmospheric that I almost wanted to live in there! *laughs* Though I suppose it would be rather unsettling at night. I saw Dracula, Frankenstein, The Creature from the Black Lagoon, Mother and Alfred Hitchcock from Psycho, Carrie, the man from the Shining and many more from movies I still need to watch. My all-time favourite display was of Pennywise! This museum has to be one of my favourite attractions of the whole holiday.

My dad bought me a really beautiful bag with all the classic movie monsters on! You can see this in my Poupeegirl website. After that we went into the nearby graveyard to the witch memorial sight, and then to a shop where I bought more postcards to add to my now massive collection.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment