Lolita Fashion - Dolls - Historic Homes - Art - Sewing - Creative Writing - Film - Literature - All things cute!

Wednesday 10 April 2013

Guro Challenge - Amputation

I slump, defeated and mindless against my throne. Of course this wasn’t really a throne – I just liked to call it that. I mean, it looks like a throne. Slightly. My arms and legs were tied to the broad limbs of the chair with forceful leather straps, and the chair was almost big enough to seat two people. See? It does look like a throne! Kind of…
I giggled weakly. I was giddy and drunk. My vision was blurry from the drugs, but peering around the room I could tell there was literally nothing here. Nothing but blinding white tiles from floor to ceiling. It looked cold… Sterile. Almost like a hospital, or a bathroom. Or maybe even both.
In fact, I now know this could be a steam room! Yes that’s it! I booked a day at the spa, was about to get into the steam room, slipped, and maybe a staff member dragged me in here whilst unconscious to—‘No, you’re just lying to yourself.’ A harsh voice barked in the back of my mind. ‘Stop pretending. You know why you’re here.’
… I do know why I’m here. A few weeks ago I did something stupid, foolish, immature… But do I really deserve this?
A few weeks ago. It may not seem like a long time to you, but to me, stuck in this maddening room, it’s a whole lifetime ago! Okay, I made a silly mistake. Trusting Cissy Kingston could have been one of the most brainless things I’ve ever done. She was fun, lively, wild –– even sweet and motherly at times. Yet she had a dark side. Some days she could be full of life, but on those dark days… Nope I don’t even want to think about it!
She intrigued me, compelled me into thinking we were friends or even more than friends! Her beautiful hair was thick and rich, dyed pastel purple by yours truly. Her smile could light up the dingiest of rooms and cause people to fall into love or even hate with her.
Unfortunately for me, I fell in love with Cissy Kingston. I wanted to help her on her days of depression… Be happy with her in her days of ecstasy. I wanted to love her, and for her to love me. How foolish! My family warned me to stay away from her, but I thought it was just because we were both girls!
Biting into my cheeks to stop myself from howling from sadness, I forced myself to remember. What happened? What did I do to make Cissy mad?
Before my sluggish mind could supply me with answers, the door slammed open with a tremendous bang. I flinched in my throne. Cissy. Tears streamed down my face drenching both my cheeks.
‘Cissy!’ I cried and began laughing with pure dread. She simply smiled knowingly, cocking her head backwards and rocking on the spot. Her smile infuriated me. It was smug, and didn’t reach her brown eyes at all!
She walked the distance of the room until she reached my chair. Her radiant lilac hair swung back and forth with every leisurely step. I quivered in my throne.
Within a few feet of my poor eyesight I noticed that she was dressed in her usual garb; lacy lingerie (my mother always turned her nose up at the way she dresses, deeming it ‘inappropriate’ and ‘tarty’), a pastel sheer dress, a black leather jacket with pins littered around, some pair of gothic stompy boots and suspenders. Yet, even closer I noticed something scary. I resisted the urge to whimper. She was wearing a raincoat. I remember that time we watched American Psycho together – Cissy was so fascinated with the main character and his raincoat.
‘Hey, Katie.’ She said flatly, now expressionless. This must be one of her bad days. In her left hand was duct tape. In her right was a small hand-held axe. I shrieked, eyes bulging, and attempted to yank the ties off my arms. ‘Too late,’ the voice taunted.
‘Shut up.’ Cissy whispered softly, her expression tender. She duct-taped my mouth shut and just stared at me for a while. My heart couldn’t stop hammering inside my chest as sweat ran down my face and body. For the next two minutes the only noise I could hear was the blood rushing inside my ears. I closed my eyes. Best to get this over with, huh?
Even more minutes passed. I opened my eyes, expecting Cissy to be gone. Nope, she’s still there just staring at me. Please, please just get this over with!
Our eyes met and my heart froze with alarm. ‘Cissy!’ I tried to yell from behind my gag, ‘Cissy, please!!’ – all that came out was muffled garbage.
Splat! I couldn’t believe what just happened. It all just happened so fast! My leg was gone and all that was left was a stump… Our eyes met once again. Cissy. Avid. Me. Stunned.
Blood splattered everywhere, covering the pristine white tiles, Cissy’s raincoat, Cissy’s goddess face, my ugly face, my frumpy body, the floor, the axe blade… Everywhere.
Suddenly I realised what had just happened... and grievously I knew it was going to happen again, and again, and again…

No comments:

Post a Comment