Lolita Fashion - Dolls - Historic Homes - Art - Sewing - Creative Writing - Film - Literature - All things cute!

Sunday 12 July 2015

Small-Print Jumpsuit for Abi

A few weeks ago I finished sewing this simple cotton jumpsuit for my sister, Abi. You may not be able to tell from these photos as the print is small, but there are adorable pink and pastel yellow flowers on the navy background.
As for the pattern, I used the jumpsuit instructions in the Great British Sewing Bee book; they're remarkably easy to follow, and successfully taught me some great new techniques - scaling and drafting a pattern onto paper, and doing a roll hem! I'd recommend this book to all beginner and intermediate seamstresses.

I made it for her to wear on our future trip to the South of France, but she had to be coerced into wearing it for photos on my blog, so who knows if it will get any use. *sighs a bit*






No comments:

Post a Comment